I really like celebrating success. I think if we don’t take the time to reflect on our accomplishments and tell our story, we are missing a huge opportunity to grow our own personal brands. I know in some office environments, it is a little more black and white and tooting your own horn can often be taken the wrong way – but that’s no excuse not to get a pat on the back every once in a while. As an old boss of mine once said, self-promotion is an art (side note: she also said you should find a coat tail and ride the sh*t out of it; equally-sage advice I will reflect on at some point down the road I’m sure – but that’s neither here nor there).
Simply put, by celebrating your successes you will:
- Capitalize on a huge opportunity to build your own personal brand
- Develop personality traits and tendencies that skew towards the happier side of things
- Breed future success by allowing yourself to truly taste and enjoy what success feels like
- Boost your team’s morale and desire/willingness to go the extra mile for the greater good
- Raise the bar for future accomplishments
- Position yourself for bigger and brighter (and, likely, more financially-rewarding) opportunities
So cheers to everyone starting to celebrate their success a bit more!
Til Next Time,